- 1 octopus 2.5 to 3lbs
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 tbsp capers
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh parsley
- 1 lemon cut in quarters
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350 °F)
- Cut octopus in large pieces
- Place octopus, vinegar and oregano in a casserole. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- After 2 hours remove the octopus from the oven. Strain it and let it cool.
- Raise the oven temperature to broil. Place the octopus pieces on a baking sheet and grill for 4 to 5 minutes OR sear the octopus on the BBQ until slightly charred.
- Place the octopus on a serving platter and pour dressing on it.
- Serve with lemon wedges and garnish with parsley.