- 1 bunch amaranth greens (vlita)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP Vinegar
- Fill a very large bowl with water and the vinegar. Add the greens and let them soak for about 30 minutes.
- Remove them and discard the water. Rinse the greens twice, ensure they are no longer sandy or dirty.
- Cut off the thicker stems as they require a longer boiling time.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the stems and cook for 6 minutes. Now add the remaining greens (thin stems and leaves) to the water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Empty the vlita into a colander and immediately rinse with cold water.
- To serve, toss with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Bon Appétit.