- 1/2 lb fresh salmon
- 1/2 lb smoked salmon
- 4 tsp shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 2 soup capers, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- Remove the skin and brown parts of the fresh salmon, cut into small cubes and place in a bowl. Chop the smoked salmon and add to the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Place a 3-inch cookie cutter on a plate. Fill with tartare and press with the back of a spoon to level the surface. Gently remove the mould. Repeat to form 4 portions.
- Place micro-sprouts or arugula on top. Can also be served on a bed of arugula or watercress.
- Serve with crackers, chips or baguette slices.
- Bon Appétit.