Thai Curried Cornish Hens
Prep Time|30 minutes
Cooking Time|45 Minutes
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 Tbsp Canned coconut milk
- 1 Cup Chicken broth
- 2 Tsp Lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp Golden brown sugar
- 6 Cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 8 oz Sliced mushrooms
- 2 ¼ lb. Cornish game hens, halved lengthwise
- 2 ½ Cups Canned whole tomatoes (cut with juices)
- 3 Fresh Bay leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 350F - (180C)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add curry paste and tomato paste and stir until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add coconut milk, broth, mushrooms, lime juice, oyster sauce and brown sugar; bring to simmer. Remove from heat. Add cherry tomatoes.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Sprinkle hens with salt and pepper. Add hens to skillet and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer hens to 13x9x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour sauce over. Baked uncovered until hens are cooked through, about 35 minutes. Transfer hens to shallow serving bowl; tent with foil. Skim fat from sauce. Pour sauce over hens. Garnish with basil and chiles, if desired.