serves| 6 servings
Prep Time|30 minutes
Cooking Time|55 Minutes
- 1 bunch flat parsley
- 2 tsps saffron
- 1.5 chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 clams
- 24 mussels
- 450g squid
- 450g cod
- 24 large shrimp
- 796ml canned tomatoes
- 600g long grain rice
- 7 tbsps olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves.
- Wash and chop parsley.
- Cut the cod into pieces.
- Cut the squid into rounds. Salt all the above and refrigerate.
- Mix parsley, garlic and tomatoes.
- In a large casserole, boil mussels in slightly peppered water. Once opened, remove from stove. Discard mussel shells.
- In a deep frying pan, brown squid rings in 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add remainder of oil, the cod and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Incorporated the tomatoes, 1 pinch of saffron and the clams. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until shrimp is slightly pink, about 3 minutes.
- In a large pot, add 2/3 of the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add rice and a pinch of saffron. Stir. After 5 minutes, add the remaining chicken broth. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve rice on a plate covered with fish and seafood.