Pork & Shrimp Chow Mein
- 250g chow mein noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1/2 lb pork, slice into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 5 green onions, chopped pork
- 2-3 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soya or tamari sauce
- 1.5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes. Turn pork and add shrimp to wok. Cook for 2 additional minutes. Remove pork and shrimp from wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil on low heat, add celery and saute for 2 minutes. Then add cabbage and saute for another 3 minutes. Add carrots, onions, ginger and garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add noodles, pork, shrimp and prepared sauce to wok. Toss to coat.
- Bon Appétit.