Mussels with White Wine Sauce
- 2 pounds mussels
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- On medium heat, melt butter in a large pot. When the butter bubbles, stir in the shallot and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the white wine, chicken stock and mussels then give them a good toss. Cover the pot and cook until all the mussels open, about 8 minutes. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Remove the pot from the heat, then stir in the cream and parsley. Adjust taste with salt, and pepper.
- Serve in big bowls with lemon wedges and bread.
- Bon Appétit.