Feta Shallot Tart
Prep Time|10 Minutes
Cooking Time|29 Minutes
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic glaze
- 2-4 sprigs Thyme
- 6-8 shallots, peeled & halved
- 1-2 puff pastry sheets
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F.
- For each tart, drizzle around 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil onto the parchment, followed by a drizzle of balsamic glaze, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place your shallot halves onto the mixture and top with a piece of puff pastry. (big enough to cover the shallots).
- Brush with a little egg wash and use your fork to press on the dough around all sides.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, let cool slightly. With a bench scraper, carefully flip the tarts. Top with a sprinkle of feta cheese.