Everything Green Soup
Cooking Time|30 Minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄2 pound broccoli, florets and stalks, chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, roughly torn
- 1 bunch curly kale, roughly torn
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- In a large saucepan, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Then add the onions, leeks, celery and a pinch of salt and cook over medium heat until translucent and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes until tender and fragrant.
- Add the broccoli and broth and increase the heat slightly until the broth boils. When the broccoli is cooked through, add both bunches of greens and cover.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the greens are completely wilted. Turn off the heat.
- Gently blend the soup in a few small batches in a regular blender or with a hand blender. If using the miso and nutritional yeast, add them just before blending.
- Once the soup has reached your desired consistency taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour into bowls, serve and enjoy!