- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 cups egg noodles
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, salt, pepper and chicken. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the chicken. Once chicken has cooled, remove the meat from the bones, discard the bones. Cut the meat into small pieces.
- Stir in chicken and egg noodles. Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley and lemon juice. Discard bay leaves before serving.
- Bon Appétit.