Chicken Liver with Mixed Vegetables
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ lbs. chicken livers, well cleaned
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced thick
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 water chestnuts, sliced
- ½ tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ cups beef stock, heated
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cold water
- salt and pepper
- pinch thyme
- pinch paprika
- Heat oil in frying pan over high heat. Add chicken livers when oil is very hot and cook 2 minutes.
- Turn livers over, season and continue cooking 3 minutes over high heat.
- Turn a second time, season again and continue cooking 3 minutes.
- Remove livers and set aside.
- Add melted butter to pan; then add all vegetables and water chestnuts. Season with salt and pepper and add all seasonings. Cook 4 to 5 minutes over high heat.
- Pour in beef stock, stir and bring to boil.
- Mix cornstarch with water; stir into sauce and cook 1 minutes over medium heat.
- Place livers in sauce, correct seasoning, reheat 1 minute and serve.