- 1 Whole chicken (approx. 4 lbs)
- 2lbs Medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 Carrots, quartered
- 225g Brussel sprouts, halved
- 4 Sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 Cup white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F (400°F for convention oven)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flavoured butter ingredients.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan. Spread and rub butter mixture all over chicken, even in cavities.
- Place vegetables around chicken. Drizzle vegetable and chicken with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Add 2 sprigs of thyme in vegetables and the rest on chicken.
- Roast for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes, basting half way through cooking, until internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
- Baste again, then broil for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- Transfer chicken and veggies to a platter, tent with foil, and let rest at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Bon Appétit.